Other Information : PROBLEMS


Making a Formal Complaint
If, after discussion with the Headteacher, a matter remains unresolved, parents should tell the Headteacher that they wish to make a formal complaint. They will then be given a copy of the Complaints Procedure, the name and address of the Clerk to the Governors and the name of the person to write to in the Education Department at County Hall.
Parents will be asked to make their complaint in writing and advised that they can, if they wish, attend a meeting either of the School Governors or of Members and Officers of the County Council, in order to explain the nature of their complaint when it is considered. It will then be for the Governors or the County Council to decide whether the complaint is justified and what should be done about it.
If parents are still not satisfied they may submit their complaint to the Secretary of State for Education.